The hygiene factor starts with cleaning. Be it our body or our home or car. It has been proved in a study that children spent approximately 3 hours in the car on an average. This duration also depends on the age of the infant and need of family.
Kids often eat in the car. As a result, it is very common for them to spill juice on the seat or snack crumbs or stain the seat cover with chocolate dip. So it is very necessary for the kids’ good health that car seat cover is cleaned regularly.
The process of cleaning the car seat cover of an infant is given below in details:
- The first thing you have to do is removing the car seat cover for cleaning it. For removing the cover, you can follow the user manual. Details procedure of removing the cover has been given in this manual. In case you do not have it, the way of doing it is- to remove the cover at first you need to loosen the belts of the seat. Then you need to unclip the cover and loosen it. After that the belts are to be unsecured from the cover. You need to unsecure the belts from both sides and then remove the cover.
- The fabric of the cover is also plays a very important role in cleaning. Most of the covers are made of synthetic fibers.
- The next thing you have to do is to wipe away the major stains on the seat cover using baby wipes or paper towels. In this way you can remove the sticky, chunky dirt on the cover. This will make cleaning the cover much easier because it takes away the most dirt portions.
- Once you are done with this, rub a mild detergent on the cover for further visible sign and stains. Rubbing in a circular motion gives the best results as it cleans the area more thoroughly.
- In case your car seat is not removable, you can clean the spots and stains by using soap and sponge.
- After this you have to wash the cover. Since the cover will be in touch with your child’s skin, it is advised that you use a mild detergent to clean it.
- If possible, do not wash the cover in machine. While washing make sure of the fact that the cover is rinsed completely.
- If your car seat cover cannot be removed, then carefully wash it by hand using a sponge and detergent (mild) to clean the entire cover.
- After washing you need to dry the cover. In case of removable infant seat cover, lie out or line dry the cover. The best way is to air dry it. You can wipe it with a dry, clean cloth which will fasten the drying process. The best way to dry is to let the cover air dry for several hours.
- After drying the cover, you can re-install it in the car seat. Use the manual for direction.