Baby car seat covers are designed to keep the baby safe and sound during travel. They also ensure comfort for the baby in any season. When you travel with your baby in your car, you can keep the baby safely in his own portable tent, which will allow you to pay attention to other important matters. In its cozy and safe car seat or infant carrier with the seat cover the baby will remain comfortably seated, oblivious to the outside world, whatever might be going on around it. A baby car seat works like a canopy for the baby, keeping it safe and comfortable in its car seat or carrier by giving it protection like an umbrella or a blanket.
Some reasons why you should use a car seat cover. A baby car seat cover –
- Saves your baby from the UV rays of the sun. Just throw a cover over the car seat and your baby is protected from the harmful effect of the sunshine. The car seat cover works just like sunscreens.
- Keeps your baby warm and toasty in winter. Just plop your baby in the thick woolen car seat cover comfortably and your baby will be as happy as a prince. You can be assured that the freezing cold cannot reach your baby.
- Saves your baby from the rain. It works like an umbrella or canopy. When it rains, just pop a car seat cover over your baby and he will remain dry. You will not have to juggle an umbrella and an infant carrier.
- Makes your baby comfortable in all seasons. Just use the appropriate car seat cover for the winter, summer or rainy season, and your child will remain safe, sound and cozy.
- Saves your baby from insects like mosquitoes. In places where there are plenty of mosquitoes or other insects, the baby car seat cover with insect netting will keep the mosquitoes and other insects off.
Baby Car Seat Cover Types
- 1 Baby Car Seat Cover Types
- 1.1 Baby Car Seat Covers For Summer
- 1.2 Baby Car Seat Covers For Winter
- 1.3 Baby Car Seat Covers For The Rains
- 1.4 Baby Car Seat Covers With Insect Shields
- 2 Our Choices Of The Best Baby Car Seat Covers
- 2.1 Baby Car Seat Cover For Summer (Also Works Against Insects And Rain)
- 2.2 Baby Car Seat Cover For Winter (Also Gives Protection Against Sleet Or Rain)
- 2.3 Baby Car Seat Cover For The Rains
- 2.4 Baby Car Seat Cover With Insect Shield
- 2.5 Share this:
There are usually four types of baby car seat covers that you may need in different seasons or occasions for the comfort and safety of your child. They are as follows:
- Baby car seat covers for summer
- Baby car seat covers for winter
- Baby car seat covers for the rains
- Baby car seat covers with insect shields
|Product Name||Fabrics||Cover Size||Weight||Speciality|
|BRICA INFANT COMFORT CANOPY CAR SEAT COVER||mesh fabrics, nylon||20 x 13.8 x 1.5 inches||12.8 ounces||
|JOLLY JUMPER ARCTIC SNEAK-A-PEEK INFANT CAR SEAT COVER WITH ATTACHED BLANKET, WEATHERPROOF - BLACK||nylon, fleece||10.4 x 8.1 x 4.8 inches||13.6 ounces||
|JOLLY JUMPER WEATHERSHIELD FOR INFANT CAR SEAT||plastic||7.7 x 6.6 x 1.5 inches||5.6 ounces||
|JOLLY JUMPER FITTED INFANT CARRIER BUG NETTING||bug net||5.8 x 5.5 x 3.3 inches||1.5 pounds||
Baby Car Seat Covers For Summer
During the summer, the sweat and sunburn can make your baby the most uncomfortable. Get rid of these problems with just a baby car seat cover especially designed for the summer. It will save your baby from the sunburn, as well as should ensure enough air circulation to prevent overheating.
Tips for choosing the appropriate baby car seat covers for summer:
- Look for car seat covers made from ‘breathable’ materials (such as cotton, nylon and so on) that will not only prevent the harmful UV rays of the sun but also let the air pass through the cover. Here the baby car seat covers made with soft, pure cotton materials can be the best choice, because cotton is sweat-absorbent and the most comfortable during the hot summer days. However, nylon and other materials are mainly used in baby car seat covers due to durability, water resistance and UV protection.
- Choose from the baby car seat covers that have mesh air vents to let the cool air pass freely through them.
Baby Car Seat Covers For Winter
Going outside in freezing cold can be the most uncomfortable for your baby. However, a cozy, warm and thick woolen baby car seat cover will make your darling child rest in the most comfortable way. That’s great, isn’t it? We think so. A baby car seat cover made from thick woolen materials ( like fleece ) and especially designed for winter, will trap warmth and will keep your baby warm and toasty no matter how cold the weather gets.
Tips for choosing the appropriate baby car seat covers for winter:
- Look for baby car seat covers made from soft, thick woolen materials (such as fleece).
- Make sure that the baby car seat cover is thick enough to trap the heat but still lets necessary air to pass through it.
- You may also choose a baby car seat cover with a viewing window for you to check on your baby.
- Please remember that baby car seat covers designed for winter does not mean that you should keep your baby in it without getting the baby dressed properly to face the cold weather, rather you should consider the baby car seat cover as an extra layer of protection against the winter for your baby. So, at first, let your baby have enough winter gear and then plop it in the baby car seat cover.
Baby Car Seat Covers For The Rains
Going outside with your baby in rainy weather can be the most frustrating for you because in such a condition you may have to juggle a child carrier and an umbrella. So, just put a baby car seat cover especially manufactured for the rains (usually known as the wet weather baby car seat cover or rain shield) on the child baby car seat and you can rest assured that your baby is safe from the rain.
Tips for choosing the appropriate baby car seat covers for the rains:
- Look for baby car seat covers that are leak proof.
- The rain shield should be easy to install.
- When installed, the wet weather baby car seat cover should not leave any gap. Otherwise, your baby may get drenched.
- Cheaper rain shields are usually made of plastic only, whereas costlier covers have air holes that allow air to pass inside.
Baby Car Seat Covers With Insect Shields
In places where there are lots of harmful pests or mosquitoes that may bite or annoy your baby, you may feel the urgency of a baby car seat cover with insect netting to keep away the pests and mosquitoes. Such seat covers will keep your child safe in such troublesome places.
Tips for choosing the appropriate baby car seat covers with insect shields:
- Choose the baby car seat covers that allow enough air to pass through the insect net because mosquitoes and insects are usually seen in great swarms during the warmer months. So, if there is not enough circulation of air inside the net, it will leave your child baked in heat.
- Avoid insect nets that have holes designed for the car seat handle, because such holes let the insects get inside.
- The insect net should also fit properly on the baby car seat, so that insects or mosquitoes do not find any entrance to go in.
Our Choices Of The Best Baby Car Seat Covers
Baby Car Seat Cover For Summer (Also Works Against Insects And Rain)
Here our choice is- “BRICA INFANT COMFORT CANOPY CAR SEAT COVER”
Why? Here are the reasons:
- It saves your child from the harmful ultra violate rays of the sun (UPF rating of the retractable sun cover is 50+).
- It is comfortable and cool for your baby. It provides your baby the dearest shade under the scorching sun of the hottest summer days and the mesh fabric maintains enough air flow into the car seat cover.
- The front cover can be lifted up easily to see how your child is doing.
There are also some other advantages:
- There is a mesh panel under the cover for the comfort of your baby. With the mesh panel, the cover saves your baby from all types of insects especially mosquitoes while allowing lots of air to pass through.
- It is easy to fit and take off.
- It easily installs on all major brands of car seats.
- You can easily fold it and put it at the bottom of your bag.
- It is machine washable and has the advantage of easy maintenance.
- Easy to remove your child from the car seat by opening up the zippered front cover without fully removing the seat cover from the baby car seat.
- It may not fit very well on some car seats.
- Small gaps on the sides may cause difficulty to attach the handle.
- The sides of the cover do not provide full protection from sun and rain.
- Sometimes, it creates difficulty in zipping when the bottom slips down.
- The wire frame makes it a little difficult to fold.
- Some people may feel it difficult to put the baby in and take it out due to the small zippered opening.
Baby Car Seat Cover For Winter (Also Gives Protection Against Sleet Or Rain)
Here our choice is- “JOLLY JUMPER ARCTIC SNEAK-A-PEEK INFANT CAR SEAT COVER WITH ATTACHED BLANKET, WEATHERPROOF – BLACK ”
This baby car seat cover will be the best for your baby when the weather gets very cold.
You will agree when you look at the following features of the seat cover:
- It will be the best choice of a baby seat cover for you in the coldest winter as it will keep your child warm and safe.
- High quality materials (nylon, fleece) have been used in this baby car seat cover.
- Its inner plush lining is made of thick soft fleece which will trap heat and keep your baby warm and sound.
- It has a waterproof nylon outside cover which will save the baby from the snow or sleet.
- It has a peek-a-boo flap with velcro that can be opened and closed very easily. It works like a viewing window and allows you to see how your child is doing.
- There is also a removable blanket attached inside. You can wrap your child with the blanket and keep it warm.
- It is machine-washable.
- Its two zippers allow to fully open the cover without removing from the car seat.
- It allows easy access to your baby.
- It can be folded easily and carried in your handbag.
- You can open the zippers and save you child from overheating when the weather is not very cold. Just bring down the middle piece by opening up the zippers and keep the cover off the baby.
- It may not be a good one for bigger and longer babies.
- It also may not fit well on some car seats.
- The face cover may not, at times, cover the whole opening which may allow wind and ice to get in during the stormy weather.
Baby Car Seat Cover For The Rains
In cold, rainy weather you should use “JOLLY JUMPER ARCTIC SNEAK-A-PEEK INFANT CARSEAT COVER WITH ATTACHED BLANKET, WEATHERPROOF – BLACK” while going out with your baby. It will keep the rain off your baby while in hot and humid weather the above choice will be the most uncomfortable for your baby. Then you need a simpler solution; just a rain cover. While most rain covers are cheap and just made of plastic, the following one has some extra features.
Here our choice is- “JOLLY JUMPER INFANT CAR SEAT WEATHER SHIELD”
This good quality weather shield may be the best choice for you during the rains.
Just look at the following positive aspects:
- It protects your child from the rain and keeps it dry and toasty.
- It has zippers that make it easy to open and provides easy access to your baby.
- It easily fits major baby car seats.
- The cover has air holes in the sides that allow air to get in and keep your baby cool.
- It also provides you child with UV protection thus keeping it safe from sunburn.
- The zippers are not very strong and may snap quickly in some cases.
- Sometimes, it is difficult to remove it from the car seat cover.
- Its not covering the back end may seem inconvenient in some cases.
Baby Car Seat Cover With Insect Shield
Our choice of baby car seat cover for the summer “BRICA INFANT COMFORT CANOPY CAR SEAT COVER” is also quite fine as an insect shield. Just use it without the top cover, and it will suffice for your baby against the insects and mosquitoes. However, just for a simple cheaper solution without all the top cover and other features, you can choose “JOLLY JUMPER FITTED INFANT CARRIER BUG NETTING”.
It has the following advantages:
- It saves your child from the harmful insects including the mosquitoes.
- It is cheaper.
- It easily fits most of the baby car seats.
- The elastic edges and ties of the bug net hold it right in place.
- It provides enough air flow to your baby and keeps it cool.
- Some people may find its strong smell disgusting.
- It may prove small for big and tall babies.
- It could be made better with stronger elastic to fit properly.
In fine, your choice of a baby car seat cover mostly depends on the weather of the place where you live. In places where the weather is warm and sunny most of the time of the year, it will be better for you to choose the baby car seat cover for the summer. Our choice here “BRICA INFANT COMFORT CANOPY CAR SEAT COVER” is also fine as an insect shield. However, as a cheaper and simpler solution against bugs (especially mosquitoes) you may prefer “JOLLY JUMPER FITTED INFANT CARRIER BUG NETTING”. On the other hand, if the weather is cold in your city almost round the year, you should choose the car seat cover for the winter. What we have chosen here “JOLLY JUMPER ARCTIC SNEAK-A-PEEK INFANT CARSEAT COVER WITH ATTACHED BLANKET, WEATHERPROOF – BLACK” is also good against the rains. However, as a simple solution against the rains in hot and humid weather will be “JOLLY JUMPER INFANT CAR SEAT WEATHER SHIELD”.